Compliance with laws
SEEWALD Attorneys processes personal data in compliance with the European Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and laws applicable in Poland.
SEEWALD Attorneys may processes personal data only if one of the following applies:
- we have obtained consent to the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes on a voluntarily basis;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which our Client is a party or in order to take steps at the request of our Client prior to entering into a contract
- it is necessary for compliance with applicable laws;
- it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests which we pursue, such as for example improvement of our services and products.
SEEWALD Attorneys may store personal data only for the period necessary to perform agreements, or for periods arising out of applicable laws, and until claims have become time barred. Once SEEWALD Attorneys has obtained the respective consent, SEEWALD Attorneys may process personal data until such consent has been revoked and until claims have become time barred.
Purpose of personal data processing
SEEWALD Attorneys may use personal data with the purpose to:
- provide legal services and other related services in the area of managing and administering such issues as invoicing, accounting, payment and insurance;
- perform marketing activities such as sending legal updates, newsletters, marketing information that our Clients, contractors and other persons may find interesting or useful;
- update on SEEWALD Attorneys’ activities;
- cooperate with suppliers and service providers,
- recruit personnel;
- reply to any enquiries that are sent to us;
- respond to legal process or requests for information issued by authorities.
Clients and other persons have the right not to provide SEEWALD Attorneys with personal data. However, once such a decision has been made or the consent to data processing has been withdrawn, SEEWALD Attorneys may no longer be able to execute or perform an agreement for the provision of legal services and our law firm may not be able to provide any information about our operations.
In connection with the collection and processing of personal data, Clients and other persons have the right to (i) request access to these data, (ii) rectify, erase or restrict data processing, (iii) transfer the data to another data administrator, (iv) object to the processing of these data, (v) withdraw consent to data processing at any time which does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal, unless this conflicts with other obligations applicable to attorneys at law.
Any violation of the rights pertaining to processing of personal data may be reported to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
Sharing personal data with other entities
SEEWALD Attorneys may transfer personal data to other entities if necessary in connection with the services our law firm provides, for example, to other law firms, courts, government or law enforcement authorities, parties to proceedings, postal, courier, accounting and IT service providers, as may be required or permitted by applicable laws subject to an attorney-client privilege.
SEEWALD Attorneys does not transfer personal data to a recipient in third countries or international organizations. SEEWALD Attorneys does not make any automated decisions regarding personal data of its Clients or other persons, including profiling.
Protection of personal data
SEEWALD Attorneys takes all mandatory technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against unauthorized disclosure, access, accidental destruction, loss, alteration, as well as unauthorized or unauthorized processing. For this purpose, our law firm has implemented a Personal Data Security Policy and our employees and contractors are obliged to proceed in accordance with the IT System Management Instruction and Instructions applicable in the event of a breach of personal data protection.
However, SEEWALD Attorneys cannot guarantee the absolute security of personal data transmitted to us via the internet or networks which we cannot control. Such transmission takes place at our Client’s and other persons’ risk.
SEEWALD Attorneys is available at the following address [Contact] or e-mail address email@example.com with regard to all matters related to the processing of personal data or legal services.