Marek provides legal advice to clients from the energy, gas, infrastructure and construction sector.
For more than fifteen years he has advised on investments in renewable energy sector and represented investors at every stage of the investment process, including the process of planning, development, financing, construction of grids and other infrastructure. He has successfully represented developers in complex administrative and court-administrative proceedings with regard to environmental protection law, spatial development, construction and expropriations disputes.
Marek has also extensive experience in advising on corporate matters, M&A transactions as well as litigation and arbitration.
Practice AreasEnergy law | Corporate law | Litigation and arbitration
- An Austrian banking group in a dispute with a Polish developer regarding damages in connection with the unsuccessful acquisition of real estate for the construction of a residential estate
- An Austrian banking group in an action for annulment of a mortgage agreement
- Real property owners against a wind power company for damages arising out of breach of an agreement for the use of real property
- A manufacturer of construction materials in arbitration proceedings regarding transfer of bearer shares in the exercise of the right of option
- The world’s leading provider of computer systems and traffic control equipment in a court action regarding improper performance of the contract in connection with the construction of the second underground line in Warsaw
- A leading Japanese reprographic equipment manufacturer against a copyright collective for payment of reprographic fees
- A leading Japanese manufacturer of photographic devices and accessories in various court proceedings regarding damages
- A leading German construction company as a minority shareholder in shareholder dispute
- A leading German food manufacturing company as minority in shareholder dispute consisting of numerous court proceedings
- A leading German manufacturer of computer and traffic control equipment in shareholder dispute consisting of numerous court proceedings
- A leading German renewable energy company as majority shareholder in a shareholder dispute in various court proceedings
- Major German renewable energy producer on a number of actions against distribution and transmission grid operators for the connection of new energy sources to the power grid
- Claimants or defendants in actions regarding liability of members of the management board members
- A major German renewable energy producer regarding wind power plants investments with a total capacity of more than 1,000 MW, in particular with regard to grids, zoning, environmental law protection, construction, expropriations, energy and market regulation issues
- A major German investor on solar power plants investments with a capacity of over 250 MW, in particular with regard to grids, zoning, construction, energy and market regulation issues
- A major German utility company on various matters, in particular with regard to regulatory issues in connection with the trade and storage of natural gas
|SEEWALD Attorneys||Partner||Since 2017|
|Wolf Theiss||Counsel||2013 – 2016|
|Beiten Burkhard||Senior Associate||2004 – 2012|
|R. Podświadek i Wspólnicy||Associate||2003 – 2004|
Viadrina European University, Frankfurt (Oder) | Faculty of Law
Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań | Faculty of Law and Administration
University of Essex, Cholchester | Faculty of Law
Our multidisciplinary team of lawyers includes attorneys at law with many years of experience gained in international law firms in Poland and abroad, as well as in legal departments of global corporations.